Monday, October 13, 2008

Social Networks

Social Networks. What is the first thought that you got now?

The first thought that I got is facebook.

I read the last posts of my fellow classmates who are with-in my blog circle. Those posts' main topic is on social networks and specifically about facebook.

In the blog posts, my fellow classmates are complaining about facebook.

Among the posts that I read, the most common reason I found when using facebook was the issue of privacy. My initial response to any internet site is: privacy.

Basically, the internet has no privacy. Even of you have the most secure site in hisotry, it's just a matter of time before someone breaks into your site and find what you are hiding. There are special task forces with the highest available intelligence that deal with hacking and encrypting 24/7 365 days a year.

Why my classmates complain about the privacy of facebook?
I think because it is the most site that they and the people they know use. Actually, the most used site for them is Google.com but facebook contains more sensitive information. If they were to spend as much time on any other site that contains some sensitive (personal) information beside facebook, again, they would complain about this new site.

1 comment:

Boris Yampolsky said...

Hey man....I understand the need for privacy within social networks.

You mentioned how class mates are annoyed and bothered by Facebook and their privacy issues. But I feel many people posted negative things because all of us it. But we use it for personal needs and entertainment. And when our personal property is invaded, we feel vulnerable and angry.